We must admit that Super Bowl is one of the major calorie event of the year. We’re not even sure if folks are doing it for the game or just for the food! LOL!
But the feast that we’ll engulf doesn't have to be calorie-laden! As much as possible I still want to watch my macros BUT enjoy the game with good food. You can still have the best of both worlds. So I avoid mindlessly munching on snacks that are high in fat or sodium and instead opt for these healthier options.
Before you head to that staple buffalo wings and loaded nachos, ask yourself. After working so hard to follow your meal plan, training hard on the gym and keeping your discipline in check over the past weeks. Yes, they do offer a little bit of everything — crunchy chips, melty cheese, meaty goodness, and enough fat and calories to set you back almost an entire day. BUT are they really worth the damage?
Here I have some recipes will keep guests satisfied for all of Super Bowl Sunday. My favorites during the game are:
Herby Avocado Hummus
● ½ large ripe avocado
● 1 15½-ounce can chickpeas, rinsed, drained
● ⅓ cup tahini, well mixed
● ¼ cup plus 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
● 1 garlic clove, finely grated or smashed to a paste with flat side of knife on cutting board
● ¾ teaspoon (or more) kosher salt
● 10 cranks freshly ground black pepper
● ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
● 1 cup cilantro leaves with tender stems
● 2 tablespoons olive oil, plus more for drizzling
● Toasted pumpkin seeds (pepitas; for serving)
● Process avocado, chickpeas, tahini, lime juice, garlic, salt, pepper, cumin, and 1 cup cilantro in a food processor until smooth, about 1 minute. With the motor running, stream in 2 Tbsp. oil, then continue to process until hummus is very light and creamy, about 1 minute longer. Taste and season with salt, if needed.
● Transfer hummus to a shallow bowl. Top with pepitas and cilantro and drizzle with more oil.
● Do Ahead: Hummus can be made 4 days ahead. Transfer to an airtight container, cover surface with plastic, and chill.
Recipe Source: CLICK HERE
So, whether you will be a host for your Super Bowl reunion or just want to enjoy a nice appetizer, these recipes will be great!
If you want to take your fitness game to the next level, having a 6 pack lunch is a staple!
My 6 Pack Fitness 6 Pack Bags essentials are:
● Protein shakes
● Quest protein bars
● And of course, my prepped meals!
Another tip to stepping up your fitness game WHILE enjoying Super Bowl is doing a little exercise during the commercial breaks. Doing so can add up to almost 20 minutes of fitness for every hour of TV you watch!!! Isn’t that insane? A quick, effective workout you can do are jump squats, burpees or a powerful upper body plank
Fun Charlene exercises are actually fun too! Every first down is 20 pushes for guys and 20 squats for girls. This can be a high-intensity sweat fest like this one should also help lower your glycogen levels.
So, there you go, I shared with you some of my SUPER BOWL essentials. Weather If you live and breath fitness or you just want to choose simple wellness these tips are be helpful for everyone!
IF YOU WANT MY HELP PERSONALLY FOR A CUSTOM MEAL PLAN AND WORKOUT PLAN ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS CLICK HERE AND I’LL CREATE THE BEST PROGRAM FOR YOU THAT YOU’VE EVER HAD. I GUARANTEE IT!