1. Paleo Fruit Parfait
· 1 cup raw cashews
· 1/4 cup cold water
· 1 tablespoon maple syrup
· 1 teaspoon lemon zest
· 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
· Pinch fine sea salt
· 2 cups fresh fruit of your choice, cut into bite size pieced
1. Place cashews in a bowl and cover with warm water. Let sit 6 hours or overnight.
2. Drain cashews and place in a blender with water, honey, lemon zest and salt; purée until smooth.
3. In a parfait glass or mason jar, layer fresh fruit, 2 heaping tablespoons cashew cream, more fruit, another 2 tablespoons cashew cream and the rest of the fruit.
2. Broiled Salmon and Veggies
· Coconut Oil
1. Put some coconut oil in the bottom of a glass baking tray.
2. Place the salmon fillet in the tray, then add salt.
3. Place in oven… cook until ready, you should see a nice crust on the sides.
4. Cut onion and carrots (or use baby carrots).
5. Fry them in coconut oil until ready, add salt and ginger powder to taste.
3. Ground Beef With Onions and Red Bell Peppers
• Ground Beef
• Coconut Oil
• Red Bell Pepper
1. Slice onions.
2. Put coconut oil on pan, turn up the heat, then add the onions.
3. Add the ground beef to the pan.
4. Add some salt and pepper to taste, then fry until ready.
5. Consider serving with a sliced red bell pepper.
4. Banana Coconut Ice Cream
• 1 tbsp coconut oil, melted
• 3 medium bananas, peeled and sliced
• 1 can full fat coconut milk
1. Preheat oven to 400.
2. Place banana slice in a rimmed baking dish and drizzle with coconut oil. Bake for 15-20 minutes, until soft and syrupy, tossing half way through.
3. Transfer cooked bananas to a blender, scraping your pan well to include the syrup that cooked out from them.
4. Add coconut milk and blend until combined.
5. Chill mixture until cooled throughout, about 4 hours up to overnight.
6. Freeze according to ice cream maker's instructions.
7. Store in an airtight freezer-safe container for up to 2 weeks.
5. Paleo Croc Pot Chili
• 1 pound ground beef (grass fed/pasture raised)cooked
• 32 - 40ounces chopped tomatoes in juice1 quart home canned
• 64ounces tomato juice2 quarts home canned
• 1cup chopped green pepper1/2hungarian wax & 1/2green peppers
• 2 rib celery Chopped
• 1l arge onion Chopped (about 1 & 1/2 cups)
• 2 teaspoons sea salt (real salt)
• 3 tablespoons organic chili powder
• 1 tablespoon organic cumin
• 1 teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
• Crushed red pepper (Optional)
• Combine everything together in your crock pot and cook on low for 8+ hours.
• Garnish with cheese, sour cream, avocado, chopped raw onion, etc as desired.
• Serve with my Gluten Free Blue Corn Muffins, Grain Free Buttermilk Biscuits, or Paleo Grain Free Everything Rolls
6. Roasted Shrimp Cocktail
• 1 pound uncooked shrimp, peeled, deveined, and thawed if frozen
• 1 tablespoon olive oil
• sea salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
• paleo cocktail sauce
• lemon wedges
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2. Toss shrimp with oil, salt and pepper and spread in single layer on rimmed baking sheet.
3. Roast, turning once, until shrimp is pink and just cooked through (about 5-10 minutes, depending on size of shrimp).
4. Serve chilled with paleo cocktail sauce and lemon wedges.
7. Paleo Choco Cookies
• 1 cup macadamias
• 1 cup medjool dates, seeds removed
• 1 tablespoon cacao or cocoa
1. Preheat oven to 180°C or 350°F. Line an oven tray with baking paper.
2. Place the ingredients into you food processor and blend at high speed until the mixture is well combined and sticking together.
3. Roll the mixture into small balls, place on the oven tray and flatten slightly.
4. Bake for 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely prior to touching.
5. Eat and enjoy!
Need a PALEO MEAL PLAN CUSTOMIZED ACCORDING TO YOUR FITNESS GOALS?
Connect with Reuben:
Reuben on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/reubenbrooksfitness
Reuben on Instagram: http://www.instagram.com/approvedbybrooks
Reuben on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/reuben_brooks
Reuben on Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/reubenbrooksfitness